Shift The Work was recently named a 2x bestseller by The Wall Street Journal and USA Today. As an author committed to the belief that by shifting the work world, we can transform the real world, this recognition added fuel to my fire.
Because here’s the thing… 70% of the workforce is disengaged. With every tick of the clock, millions of people inch closer to their breaking points―a growing epidemic of apathy and anxiety in the workplace that is affecting life outside of the office. But meaningful work-life integration is possible.
Filled with actionable strategies and inspiring true stories, Shift The Work reveals the revolutionary science behind employee engagement and how readers can use the brains in their head, heart, and gut to transform their workplaces and lives, for the better. This indispensable guide motivates readers to seek fulfilling opportunities, reconnect with their passions, and recognize their power to make a difference.
As I skimmed through fellow bestselling books on these lists, a clear theme emerged: I was far from alone on my mission. The number of other inspiring authors, subjects, and world-changing ideas that floated among the ranks left me digging through bestseller-after-bestseller (and fondly remembering quite a few of these must-reads).
If you’re looking for a new outlook on life, to reignite the fire within yourself, to become a magnetic force for good in the world — here are the 23 bestsellers to devour on your journey to better.
Wall Street Journal Bestsellers: 10 Motivational Must-Reads
- Fear: Trump in the White House, Bob Woodward
- Girl, Wash Your Face, Rachel Hollis
- Educated, Tara Westover
- Shift The Work, Joe Mechlinski
- Thunder Dog, Michael Hingson
- Founding Mothers, Cokie Roberts
- The Children of Henry VIII, Alison Weir
- The Guns of August, Barbara W. Tuchman
- In Such Good Company, Carol Burnett
- The Plantagenets, Dan Jones
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck, Mark Manson (#17)
- StrengthFinders 2.0, Tom Rath (#31)
- The Execution Factor, Kim Perell (#32)
- Extreme Ownership, Jocko Williams and Leif Babin (#33)
- The 5 Love Languages, Gary Chapman (#41)
- You Are a Badass, Jen Sincero (#54)
- Shift The Work, Joe Mechlinski (#55)
- Sapiens, Yuval Noah Harari (#56)
- Astrophysics for People in a Hurry, Neil deGrasse Tyson (#64)
- The Four Agreements, Don Miguel Ruiz (#87)
(We gifted this book to our entire team at our last All Hands Meeting)
- Grit, Angela Duckworth (#114)
- Emotional Intelligence 2.0, Travis Bradberry and Jean Greaves (#144)
- Dear Founder, Maynard Webb with Carlye Adler (#150)
From harrowing accounts of the presidential debacle to an impromptu introduction to badassery 101, no matter the topic, these bestsellers nail it.
They’re helping leaders become stronger, work cultures become more cohesive, and sparking change within the world. To say I’m humbled to have my own book, Shift The Work, ranked among these inspirational bestsellers is an understatement.
Thank you to my readers, supporters, and advocates. The outpouring of love I’ve felt around the release of Shift The Work has been surreal. I couldn’t have done it without you.
The movement starts here. Are you ready to shift?
By Joe Mechlinski
When you purchase this 2x bestseller you’ll also receive access to the 7-Day Challenge. This unique, community-focused game will show you how to use work as a weapon to find your best self.